Finance Concentration in DeVry's Business Administration Program
Finance Concentration in DeVry's Business Administration Program
About Business Administration - Finance Major/Concentration
Why Business Administration with a major/concentration in Finance?
A specialized field where employment is expected to grow steadily through 2012, finance is one of the most dynamic and expansive areas of the business world. A major or concentration in finance will allow you to pursue your career goals in such areas as bank management, credit management, financial planning and analysis and insurance.
Earn your bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a major/concentration in Finance from DeVry University - in just 3 years or less if you attend class year-round - and become qualified to work with the new and diverse financial products and services of a global economy.
Why DeVry University for a Business Administration with a major/concentration in Finance?
For students seeking the most comprehensive, experiential and career-oriented business administration degree program with a major/concentration in finance, DeVry University will give you the best advantage. Here's why:
* Recognized leader. A leader in technology-based business education for over 75 years, DeVry University uniquely prepares you for high-demand, high-paying careers in business administration/finance.
* Employer approved. DeVry University works with top business leaders to design programs that produce graduates who meet their needs. Compared to other business administration programs, we provide students not only with communications and teamwork skills but also with more of the computer applications and systems integration skills that today's employers seek.
* Career-focused education. DeVry University offers an accelerated bachelor's degree program, based on a year-round course schedule; applications-based learning in up-to-date computer labs; accessible faculty with professional credentials and real-world finance experience; and the ultimate flexibility of a business administration degree earned online.
* Career advancement. In addition to earning a bachelor's degree, many business administration/finance students continue their education by earning a Master's of Accounting and Financial Management degree (MAFM) at DeVry University's Keller Graduate School of Management.
* Successful graduates. For the year ending with the June '08 graduates, 92%of U.S. DeVry Business Administration graduates were employed in their field at an average salary of $40,662 graduates who actively pursued and obtained employment and those who were already employed in education-related careers within 180 days of graduation.)
DeVry University's Business Administration degree program with a major/concentration in finance is offered at a location near you. See our programs by location listing for details. Or complete your business administration degree program with a major/concentration in finance online.
NOTE: Program availability varies by location.
Prepare for a Specialized Business Career with Great Growth Potential
From analyzing and tracking what drives the best profit performance for a particular client or company to managing bank branches and establishing credit rating criteria, finance careers provide exciting challenges and opportunities in a number of fields. Working with the newest financial products and services, business professionals in finance careers analyze, evaluate, project and report their findings to support decision-making and to provide the very best data and models for clients or those with whom they work.
Finance careers can be found in many areas of business, including:
* Bank management
* Credit management
* Financial planning and analysis
* Mortgage brokering
* Security and commodity sales
Put Your DeVry Degree to Work in a Dynamic Finance Career
When you earn your business administration degree from DeVry with a concentration/major in finance, you'll be equipped to work in the new world of global economics. With expertise in areas such as short-term financing, credit cards, factoring, mortgages, education loans, derivatives, commodities, international currency, interest rate exchanges, and international transactions and translation, finance experts have job titles that include:
* Bank branch manager
* Budget analyst
* Credit manager
* Commercial banking officer
* Financial analyst
* Financial planning consultant
* Insurance representative
* Loan officer
* Security and commodities sales agent
In a finance career, your professional responsibilities could include:
* Managing bank offices
* Helping business customers best use their financial resources
* Analyzing and interpreting financial results to identify trends and variances
* Establishing credit card rating criteria and credit ceilings, as well as monitoring collection of past-due accounts
Get the Finance Career You Want with a Degree from DeVry
Graduates of DeVry's Business Administration bachelor's degree program with a concentration/major in Finance are prepared for all these career responsibilities and more! Through a mix of informative classes and hands-on experience, you receive the in-depth, specialized education required to step into today's most rewarding finance careers. Or, take the next step in your career and continue your education at DeVry's Keller Graduate School to earn a Master's degree in Accounting and Financial Management (MAFM). The program includes exam preparation courses for those whose ultimate goal is to earn a CPA credential and the Keller exam prep courses are based on Becker methodology.
DeVry graduates in business administration with a concentration/major in finance will be prepared for careers in areas such as:
* Bank branch managers
* Budget analysts
* Credit managers
* Commercial banking officers
* Financial analysts
* Financial planning consultants
* Insurance representatives
* Loan officers
* Security or commodities sales agents or brokers
DeVry is the university where you can gain the skills, credentials and respect you need to make it big in the world of finance. DeVry's success at preparing its students for careers is hard to beat! Check this out.for the past year in all DeVry programs and locations combined, 91% of DeVry graduates in the active job market held positions in their chosen field within 6 months of graduation and earned average entry-level salary of $41,000.
Earn your degree at DeVry today and start your finance career tomorrow!
Learn more about how your business administration degree can be applied in a variety of career fields. Click to download Careers in Business fact sheet (PDF), Careers in Healthcare Technology fact sheet (PDF), Careers in Security fact sheet (PDF), and Careers in Technical Management fact sheet (PDF).
*Students seeking professional certification must contact their state Board or the appropriate organization for their field of interest to seek professional licensing exam requirements.