Write To Done
Write To Done
Hi, my name is Leo Babauta, better known of the Zen Habits blog. I’ve created Write To Done as a way to share some of what I’ve learned as a writer, with new (and experienced) writers looking to improve their craft and their art.
That’s what Write To Done is about, at its core: the craft and the art of writing.
But from that core we’ll be covering many topics: journalism, blog writing, freelance writing, fiction, non-fiction, getting a book deal, the business of writing, the habit of writing. And so on.
What’s my background as a writer? This is the one area I feel confident writing about, as writing has been the core of my being since middle school — for the last 23 years or so.
Here’s a bit about my writing background:
* Served as a staff reporter, newspaper editor, and freelance journalist (for newspapers and magazines) for the last 17 years.
* Published short stories.
* Was a columnist for my local newspaper.
* Completed a novel during NaNoWriMo (November 2006).
* Created a successful blog in a matter of months. Zen Habits is a Top 100 blog with about 30,000 subscribers (2007).
* Published a successful ebook, called Zen To Done (late 2007).
* Did freelance blog writing for major blogs such as Lifehack.org, Dumb Little Man, Web Worker Daily, FreelanceSwitch and others. I’ve also been a fairly prolific writer of guest posts on dozens of other blogs.
* Signed a book deal with a fairly major publisher (early 2008).
Those are just the highlights. In between, I’ve read a lot about writing, I’ve experimented with other forms, I’ve explored myself as a writer. Am I at my peak? I certainly hope not, and plan to continue to explore and improve in the years to come. But I’ve certainly been a fairly prolific writer and have written for many different publications in many different forms.
You can contact me at zenhabits at gmail.